Fife based SIGTOA members Best of Scotland Holidays have shared this 2016 Royal Troon Open Championship package with us.
- Royal Troon Golf Club, Troon, Ayrshire
- 14th-17th July 2016
- 5 nights Accom; Full Breakfasts;
- 3 Dinners; 4 Packed Lunches; All
- Travel from Glasgow to Troon;
- Open Golf Season Ticket & VAT
Price: £1399 per person
The Open will return to the Ayrshire coast in 2016 when the 145th Championship is played at Royal Troon and it will be the ninth time that the Championship has been held over the famous links, most recently in 2004 when veteran American Todd Hamilton overcame three-time major champion Ernie Els in a play-off.
For the first sixty years of The Open’s history, the Championship’s visits to south west Scotland were confined to Prestwick, Troon’s next-door neighbour. In 1923, all that changed: The Open came to Troon for the first time, and since then it has become a regular venue having hosted the Championship on eight occasions - 1923, 1950, 1962, 1973, 1982, 1989, 1997 and 2004.
Best of Scotland Holiday's package is based in Glasgow, not far from Royal Troon, and you will travel by Golflink train to Troon. Your hotel stay will be in the Glasgow Jury’s Inn Hotel, a few minutes’ walk from Central Station.
The four star Glasgow hotel is also a stone’s throw away from a plethora of restaurants and bars, a three minute walk from St Enoch shopping centre and just around the corner from The Arches, a unique bar, club and arts venue located beneath Glasgow’s Central Station.
All of the 321 rooms are en-suite and come with complimentary toiletries, a flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and room service available 24 hours. To ensure a comfortable night’s sleep, the rooms are equipped with large soft beds, with extra pillows and linen available on request.
Enjoy the best of both worlds - staying in Scotland's vibrant city of Glasgow and experiencing the greatest golf spectacle in the world, The Open at Royal Troon!
Included in your package price is:
- 5 nights’ accommodation sharing a twin/double room in the 4 star Jury’s Inn Hotel, Glasgow (13th - 17th July)
- Full Scottish Breakfast daily
- 3 dinners in your hotel (simply advise the hotel which nights you would like to dine)
- Packed lunches for the four championship days (14th - 17th July)
- Return standard class rail tickets (Glasgow Central station to Troon, approx. 55mins on the four championship days (14th - 17th July)
- Season ticket for the 2016 Open Championship (14th - 17th July)
- VAT @ 20%
Best of Scotland Holidays cane can change any of the above, except the dates/hotel, and custom build a package to suit your needs. Why not play on some of the great golf courses in the west of Scotland while you are there? We will book your tee-times for you. Prefer to have a rental car instead of the train? No bother, we will organise this for you.
Find out more about Best of Scotland Holidays